The Complete Guide to Materials for Plugs, Gauges & Tunnels
Choosing the right type of material for your plugs and gauges makes the difference between wearing them comfortably and having to deal with ear irritation and other issues. Plus ear stretching jewellery materials have evolved to create some incredible effects that you should add to your collection!
As with any other type of body modification, it’s important to take care of the piercing to avoid infection, particularly as stretches will need to be healed over and over again as you increase in size. Knowing which materials are good for stretching your ears, and which can only be worn on healed ears can save you a lot hassle in the future.
We’ve created a comprehensive guide that will give you an overview of all the materials that plugs and gauges are made of, as well as their properties, tips on how to wear them safely, and how to care for them.
Shop All Plugs & Tunnels
- Steel Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Silver Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Gold Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Niobium Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Glass Plugs Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Bone and Horn Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Wooden Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Stone Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Acrylic Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- Silicone Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels
- How to choose the right plug material for you
- Titanium Gauges, Plugs & Tunnels